Shows & Projects
Welcome! This bit lets you know what I’ve been up to recently, as well as what performances and workshops are ready and available to book.
Current & recent work
I’m currently working on my first solo show Dry Season, which explores ideas around identity, aging, and menopause. I’ve recently been awarded further funding by Arts Council England to help me develop the show to a finished piece, as well as explore ways to expand the project online in the form of poetry events and creative writing workshops.
Barring further apocalyptic disasters, a UK tour of the show and accompanying activities is planned for Autumn 2021.
As part of my Dry Season project I’m producing and hosting this online poetry event to platform older womxn’s talents, voices and experiences and counter the youth-centric nature of spoken word.
I was recently awarded one of 5 commissions from The Arts Institute to make work for their 5x5x5 series. I created this spoken word film in response to the Covid-19 crisis, focusing on the changes weve been forced to undergo, and the legacy of that.
You can watch it here.
Ready to book now
Contents variable. With discussion, this can be tailored around a theme. A standard set usually lasts 20-25 mins, but this can be negotiated.
Writing to commission (poetry, articles, etc.)
Storytelling performance and commissions
Contents and length variable. With discussion, this can be tailored around a theme. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements. Previous performances have included
- A re-telling of The Ballad Of Tam Lin for a Valentines Day dining event.
- An all-ages exploration of the myth and folklore surrounding mushrooms, commissioned by Forever Fungi for a local community event.
- Storytelling on the theme of the environment, for the Radical Herbalist’s Gathering
- Storytelling on the theme of the natural world and local wildlife, commissioned by the Avon Wildlife Trust.
- Storytelling on the theme of nature and space, commissioned by Liberty Rocks Productions.